In the beginning more than 50 young people in the Pachnali village of Doti started a campaign to abolish alcoholism and to clean up the village. This was led by Sher Bahadur Malla, the current chairperson of the Organisation. Initially they faced a lack of support and cooperation from their own relatives and villagers. After learning many lessons, they decided to support the local farmers with the maintenance of a small irrigation canal. They registered their organisation at the District Administration Office (DAO) as a Non-Profit Making, Non-Governmental Development Organisation.
Vision: Equal access to all in a well-developed society.
To ensure equal access of the target marginalised groups and communities to education, health and all other development rights through community mobilisation.
To increase the living standard of HIV infected and affected people, marginalised groups and communities.
- To improve access of marginalised target groups to education and health;
- To establish peace and social security in the community by protecting and promoting human rights and the human rights education movement;
- To conduct various programmes to balance the environment and eco-systems;
- To enable poor and disadvantaged communities to effectively engage in the local development process;
- To improve the environment for child-friendly local governance.
Transparency and accountability; teamwork and participation; creativity and respect.
Geographic Areas Covered
Doti District with special focus in Purbichauki, Adharsha and Jorayal Rural Municipalities and Shikhar and Dipayal Silgadi Municipalities.
Poor and disadvantage communities; women; children; HIV infected and affected people; people living with disability and mental health problems.
Health; Education; Livelihoods; Human rights and Peace building.